here is my budget turbo miata parts formula.
Parts listed are for a 1.8L build, adjust parts for 1.6 as needed. Should be capable of more power than what the rods are good for and should do so for less than $2,000. Dyno tune to 220whp and stop. Only missing parts here are downpipe and exhaust. Take to exhaust shop for finalization. I would do everything but the turbo, turbo manifold, and boost controller on a supercharged build.
- turbo manifold https://amzn.to/2O9ofi4
- gt2860 (internally gated) https://amzn.to/3jioJhg
- clutch https://amzn.to/3rmQ6tf - stock one might hold if you are nice to it but why bother?
- oil line kit https://amzn.to/3jrtlSs
- diypnp megasquirt https://www.diyautotune.com/product/diypnp-nippon-denso-76pin-unassembled-kit/ - you can spend extra and get the pre-built kit if you want
- wideband o2 sensor https://amzn.to/36JEMjj
- colder turbo spark plugs http://amzn.to/2wk5s9z
- injectors https://amzn.to/2MXmXpS
- radiator https://amzn.to/2O7Uv5c
- bov adapter http://amzn.to/2wkgA6w
- knock off bov http://amzn.to/2fVPT0N
- intercooler http://amzn.to/2fV6emw
- intercooler pipe kit http://amzn.to/2fVbSFf
- boost controller http://amzn.to/2ifbjGQ - without this you should be somewhere around 180whp with proper tuning
Did you enjoy my post?
I'm really excited about the work that I'm doing here. If you enjoyed my post and my work, please consider tipping me with a coffee. I appreciate you taking the time to read my post!